Sunday, January 7, 2018

Frustrated but ok now

I have been working on the eye this weekend.  Even though I thought it was coming along good, I realized it wasn't when I checked it with a light in side.  Because sooner or later I am planning on putting leds in the eye to light it up.  What I didn't notice before was that I can see the cuts on the eye.  For me to place the eye on the plastic, I had to cut the eye in slits in order to get it down since the lamp shade was not a perfect circle.  I had a couple more eye pics printed out so I placed one on the inside so it would be harder to see those lines.  Well, it seemed t work. I might add more too it but for now it seems to fix that issue.

Also this weekend I checked the arm that I got for my servo that my friend made me.  Only one of them works, so I will have to ask for another one the same size.  It seems to fit the servo good.  I needed the extra length to give the servo extra swing to turn the eye.

Programming....

Programming has being going ok but was having issues running it from a separate computer.   I would just get errors which was getting frustrated.  Well, I found a work around by sending xhost +.  That gave me permission to run the video from the camera from a separate computer. Which I really needed to do.



No comments: