Sunday, January 20, 2019

Fixed some issues on neopixels



So, I found out that even though things looked like they were working on my neopixels, they really were not.  I made a board, shown here, but it didn't work out the way I wanted.  A lot of the neopixels were going nuts when I told it to go faster.  What I did was I added more resistance to the input of the neopixels.  I have not done it here on this board, but the resistor will need to be replaced to a 1k.  It should work.  The chip I have here is basically a buffer chip.  Last time I tested it out, all the lights turned on and stayed on.  After adding more resistance, it seemed to work.  I am going ot change out the resistor and see how it goes.  Then I can add more lights.  The video down below shows the leds going faster.  It didn't have the issues I was having.


No comments: